Facebook's Developer Circles are local communities designed to help developers learn and grow. For the 2019 Developer Circles Community Challenge, you are invited to build software applications that use at least one of three featured technologies: React360, Spark AR, and/or HTML5 Games to give people the power to connect with friends and family, find communities and grow businesses. Your software must also fit into one of three categories: Gaming and Entertainment, Productivity and Utility, or Social Good.
There are over $165,000 in cash prizes. To win, developers will compete and win locally within one of seven regions: (i) North America, (ii) Latin America, (iii) Asia Pacific, (iv) India, (v) Sub Saharan Africa, (vi) Middle East/North Africa, and (vii) Europe. Each regional winner will continue to the final global round of the competition for a chance at additional prizes.
By taking part in the challenge, you'll have an opportunity to learn new skills, meet new people, challenge yourself, and win great prizes!
Main Requirement: Build (or update) software that falls into any of the three categories and incorporates at least one of the three featured technologies:
· Spark AR
· Gaming and Entertainment (including applications that users find fun and may play with)
· Productivity and Utility (including applications that make users more efficient)
· Social Good (including applications that help others and/or benefit the greater good)
*Teams are also encouraged to integrate other Facebook in their solution, e.g. Messenger, Graph API and other open source tools.
Submit the following assets:
1. Demo video. (hosted on YouTube, Vimeo, or Youku). Your video should be around 2 minutes, include a demo of your working application via a step-by-step visual demo, and be available in English. Be sure to explain how the Facebook products used enhances the experience of your solution!
2. Images. Please submit at least one image/screenshot of your application.
3. Access. A way to access your working application for judging and testing by providing a mobile test build, a link to a live website, or a demo site where the application is deployed.
HOW TO ENTER
1. Register for the challenge on Devpost.
2. Build software applications that falls into any of the three categories (Gaming & Entertainment, Productivity & Utility, or Social Good) and incorporates at least one of the following Facebook Developer products: React360, Spark AR, and HTML5 Games.
3. Submit software to your region (North America, Latin America, Asia Pacific, India, Sub Saharan Africa, Middle East/North Africa, Europe) by selecting your region on the submission form.
4. Create a video about two minutes long that demonstrates your solution’s features and functionality. (Videos and submission materials must be provided in English for judging. Provide English subtitles or a translation if the content is not in English.)
5. Enter your completed submission form before 5pm ET on September 20, 2019 to be considered in the regional round - Winners will be announce on November 19 at 2:00pm EST.
· Quality of the Idea (30%)
Includes creativity and originality of the idea.
· Implementation of the Idea (50%)
Includes how well the idea was executed by the developer and the extent to which the Facebook products were leveraged, and considerations for user privacy.
· Potential Impact (20%)
How much impact the product could have in its stated strategy.